Friday, June 28, 2013

Why Watching Baseball On TV Can Imporve Your Baseball Game

    The reason I got into playing baseball was because my father and I would watch every single Detroit Tigers game every night they were on. I always wanted to play and succeed just like them but I was always afraid. Finally when I was in high school I decided to try out because of my love for the game, and using everything that I wrote about previously in this blog, I made the team, and I had a good amount of success. Here I'll explain why watching baseball on TV can actually improve your overall baseball game.


    I learned practically every rule I know about baseball just from watching professional games on TV. I also learned tactics and mechanics. I learned about confusing batters by changing the eye level of your pitches, and I now mirror my swing after the great Miguel Cabrera after watching him bat for so long. I showed up to baseball tryouts with absolutely no baseball experience, but just from my time watching the Tigers I felt really comfortable and like I belonged there. Watching all the games also gave me an extremely large baseball vocabulary so it was really easy to make some friends on the team.

    Watching baseball on TV not only gave me the resources to be a good baseball player, it gave me the motivation to make me want to get better. Once I made the team I practiced my heart out, never forgetting to watch my team every night, and it made me into one of the best outfielders in my entire school. I guess the whole point of this post is if you don't love playing and watching the sport that you're trying to succeed in, then you can't get passed that average level. The players you see that excel in the game have a true passion for it and aspire to be one of the greats that they idolize. 

    To be good at something you need to create that passion for it, and for me that started with watching baseball on TV, so if you're struggling to get really get motivated to get better, I think this is a good place to start. Get a favorite team, a favorite player, and really work to become as good as them. This is the road to success. Thank you for reading, it is much appreciated, and be sure to check out my other posts for ways to improve your overall baseball game.


-Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment